BUSWORLD PHOTOGRAPHY

I AM CHRISTOPHER LEACH THE ARTIST. I started this blog so that I can share with everyone my vast collection of transport photographs showing a personal and nostalgic view of the industry with images that span some 45 years taking in the U.K and some of Europe. I have no darkroom and so rather than being the perfectionist after tidying them up I upload the images warts and all, and even those that won't scan squarely or are scratched. In a way it adds age and character. You are all free to download these for your personal use but please remember I still own them and you are not just free to use them without prior permission for any knd of publishing. Click on images to enlarge them and if you want to see more leave your comments or visit my website for the mother-site with galleries including those Buses & Girls: PICTUREWORLD

Friday 26 January 2007

Meeting Old Friends in Cannock




They say you are getting old when the policemen start looking younger. Another way of looking at it is when instead of being excited at the prospect of seeing lots of new buses we mourn the prospect of old friends heading for extinction. Variety is not what it was either and even Cannock is only a shadow of it's former self remembering the days when elsewhere they were fast disappearing but not only could the legendary Warstone (Green Bus) come up with some fine Leyland PD3 half-cabs it also operated a rare Massey-bodied Johannesburg Guy Arab. Less exciting but becoming quite scarce in 2006 was one of a number of MCW Metrobuses still in service with West Midlands, and it was pleasing to note that No.2765 had just returned from a repaint. I never thought I would say it but I was also pleased to see an ex London Leyland National Mark One belonging to Chase turn up as well.

No comments: