BUSWORLD PHOTOGRAPHY

I AM CHRISTOPHER LEACH THE ARTIST. I started this blog so that I can share with everyone my vast collection of transport photographs showing a personal and nostalgic view of the industry with images that span some 45 years taking in the U.K and some of Europe. I have no darkroom and so rather than being the perfectionist after tidying them up I upload the images warts and all, and even those that won't scan squarely or are scratched. In a way it adds age and character. You are all free to download these for your personal use but please remember I still own them and you are not just free to use them without prior permission for any knd of publishing. Click on images to enlarge them and if you want to see more leave your comments or visit my website for the mother-site with galleries including those Buses & Girls: PICTUREWORLD

Monday 28 January 2008

Liverpool Green Lane Garage


The only buses in the Liverpool Corporation fleet that I could call big favourites was the first generation of Leyland Atlanteans with Metro-Cammell particularly the first batch Nos L500-699 dating from 1963 and 1964. I guess the later buses were an improvement but they didn't quite have the same novelty value. Somehow even late in the day when they were being withdrawn in the Early-Eighties survivors like L525 at Green Lane having lost the characteristic protective brightwork trim from around it's skirt still managed to look better than many other Atlanteans like the much newer East Lancs bodied example behind it.

2 comments:

Andy R said...

Hi, your website is great. Looking at your wonderful pictures is rekindling my long forgotten interest in buses. I remember many of the types you photographed, both in the UK and Switzerland, but was unfortunately either too lazy or too busy to take many photographs

christopher said...

Thanks, I'm always pleased to hear from my visitors. Buses do become more interesting in time not only because they rekindle history it is often from a part of our lives too. I get many Google searches from people living abroad for off-beat subjects and I'm sure they're remembering it as a nice part of their younger days. Of course posting up my pictures brings back forgotten memories too and I'd rather share them with you than see them get lost one day.