BUSWORLD PHOTOGRAPHY

I AM CHRISTOPHER LEACH THE ARTIST. I started this blog so that I can share with everyone my vast collection of transport photographs showing a personal and nostalgic view of the industry with images that span some 45 years taking in the U.K and some of Europe. I have no darkroom and so rather than being the perfectionist after tidying them up I upload the images warts and all, and even those that won't scan squarely or are scratched. In a way it adds age and character. You are all free to download these for your personal use but please remember I still own them and you are not just free to use them without prior permission for any knd of publishing. Click on images to enlarge them and if you want to see more leave your comments or visit my website for the mother-site with galleries including those Buses & Girls: PICTUREWORLD

Saturday 15 March 2008

I'm 500 Today: Bring on the dancing girls


Yes I've now posted 500 transport images on this blog and I wanted to choose something a bit special but in the end I chose this one as it has been bestowed with a bit of glamour provided by one of the Rapide Girls. I don't think they bother with them any more passengers have to just put up with the sometimes miserable bad-tempered driver. Competition did a lot for coach travel! In about 1996 Western National still had a good number of once white National Express liveried Leyland Leopard Plaxton Supreme coaches including cascaded examples like No.2401 NEL 112P which started life with NBC Hants and Dorset before it's coach fleet became Shamrock and Rambler. Alongside it at Plymouth Bretonside still in Genville of Cornwall colours is a Volvo B10M with a Duple Caribbean bodywork which by then was now also part of Western National as it's in house red fleet number plate will testify.

No comments: