BUSWORLD PHOTOGRAPHY

I AM CHRISTOPHER LEACH THE ARTIST. I started this blog so that I can share with everyone my vast collection of transport photographs showing a personal and nostalgic view of the industry with images that span some 45 years taking in the U.K and some of Europe. I have no darkroom and so rather than being the perfectionist after tidying them up I upload the images warts and all, and even those that won't scan squarely or are scratched. In a way it adds age and character. You are all free to download these for your personal use but please remember I still own them and you are not just free to use them without prior permission for any knd of publishing. Click on images to enlarge them and if you want to see more leave your comments or visit my website for the mother-site with galleries including those Buses & Girls: PICTUREWORLD

Sunday 28 December 2008

The Mists of Time: Escape is futile!


I'm sure those who were around will remember this rusting AEC Regent that looked as though it had tried to get out of town before the scrapman got his torch to it. Parked just outside Coimbra I suspect it was one of theirs as even though I might be wrong I remember reading before I visited in 1984 that they had just two, a pair of double-deckers like this dating from the Sixties.

1 comment:

Artdesire said...

It was way before my Portuguese years, but judging on the colour I think this one was a little lost coming from Porto originally. But again, the experts should have the final verdict on this identification.

Do have a sparkling jump into 2009. And just keep them coming.