BUSWORLD PHOTOGRAPHY

I AM CHRISTOPHER LEACH THE ARTIST. I started this blog so that I can share with everyone my vast collection of transport photographs showing a personal and nostalgic view of the industry with images that span some 45 years taking in the U.K and some of Europe. I have no darkroom and so rather than being the perfectionist after tidying them up I upload the images warts and all, and even those that won't scan squarely or are scratched. In a way it adds age and character. You are all free to download these for your personal use but please remember I still own them and you are not just free to use them without prior permission for any knd of publishing. Click on images to enlarge them and if you want to see more leave your comments or visit my website for the mother-site with galleries including those Buses & Girls: PICTUREWORLD

Saturday 16 May 2009

Even for me some gems got away

But not even this one!
It wasn't particularly interesting at the time in 1984 but this bus which is rather like box on wheels still managed to get into my collection as I wanted an excuse to take a picture of the Volvo F12 British lorry a long way from home in Lisbon. I cannot tell you anything about the lightweight bus apart from it was going to Flamenta on service. It might be rare or the first of many.

7 comments:

Artdesire said...

Isn't that an odd bus, that seemed to have skipped the designers table? I've seen only one picture of it once. I think it belonged to the company Barraqueiro. Most likely only a couple of those were built. Thank you for taking a picture of that very rare bus type.

christopher said...

Yes I thought it was a bit of one-off too

simao28 said...

Hello

There's a nice picture of it here:

http://img20.imageshack.us/img20/2350/30362676.jpg

Regards,

christopher said...

Thanks Joao, it looks even more strange from the side. looking at the wheels it looks like a Leyland?

Artdesire said...

No, it's one of the older AEC's that got rebuilt by a not very well known coach builder. According to our Portuguese friends there's has been a second and similar one at another company.

Artdesire said...

The other one can be found here:

http://img142.imageshack.us/img142/9458/bus060zp5.jpg

christopher said...

I think that flat front would be problematical. For a start it would certainly not help the performance on the open road heading in to a strong wind and I imagine there would have been a lot of reflexions from other headlights at night.