BUSWORLD PHOTOGRAPHY

I AM CHRISTOPHER LEACH THE ARTIST. I started this blog so that I can share with everyone my vast collection of transport photographs showing a personal and nostalgic view of the industry with images that span some 45 years taking in the U.K and some of Europe. I have no darkroom and so rather than being the perfectionist after tidying them up I upload the images warts and all, and even those that won't scan squarely or are scratched. In a way it adds age and character. You are all free to download these for your personal use but please remember I still own them and you are not just free to use them without prior permission for any knd of publishing. Click on images to enlarge them and if you want to see more leave your comments or visit my website for the mother-site with galleries including those Buses & Girls: PICTUREWORLD

Tuesday 17 January 2012

Rhymney Valley AEC Regent 422 CAX

Seen at Caerphilly this rather fine lowbridge Massey bodied AEC Regent from the former tiny seven bus Bedwas and Machin Urban District Council fleet became a trainer in a combined Rhymney Valley fleet. In the early Seventies most surviving urban Municipal fleets worried that they might like so many others get swallowed up into the huge area PTE's. So as not to look so attractive to the planners some like these neighbouring concerns merged into one, Caerphilly with thirty buses was the most up-to-date whilst probably Gelligaer with about the same was the most interesting

No comments: