BUSWORLD PHOTOGRAPHY

I AM CHRISTOPHER LEACH THE ARTIST. I started this blog so that I can share with everyone my vast collection of transport photographs showing a personal and nostalgic view of the industry with images that span some 45 years taking in the U.K and some of Europe. I have no darkroom and so rather than being the perfectionist after tidying them up I upload the images warts and all, and even those that won't scan squarely or are scratched. In a way it adds age and character. You are all free to download these for your personal use but please remember I still own them and you are not just free to use them without prior permission for any knd of publishing. Click on images to enlarge them and if you want to see more leave your comments or visit my website for the mother-site with galleries including those Buses & Girls: PICTUREWORLD

Wednesday 19 March 2014

P24283: A much missed Saurer RH

Despite it being squeezed into the far North East corner of Switzerland where it meets Austria and Italy, for post bus fans the ski resort of Scoul was always worth a visit even if it was just to get the perfect photograph of one outside the station at Tarasp situated above the town. However the once important post bus is viewed upon with less high regard today and in many situations they no longer depart from close to the platforms so it's more of a trek to bus stands across the road or on the car park. I'm afraid modernisation is not always for the better. Even though there were only about thirteen buses here there was a bit of variety for as well as the more typical members of the fleet like this once ubiquitous Saurer RH-525 there was also a need for smaller narrow Mercedes semi-coaches and ski-buses.

No comments: