BUSWORLD PHOTOGRAPHY

I AM CHRISTOPHER LEACH THE ARTIST. I started this blog so that I can share with everyone my vast collection of transport photographs showing a personal and nostalgic view of the industry with images that span some 45 years taking in the U.K and some of Europe. I have no darkroom and so rather than being the perfectionist after tidying them up I upload the images warts and all, and even those that won't scan squarely or are scratched. In a way it adds age and character. You are all free to download these for your personal use but please remember I still own them and you are not just free to use them without prior permission for any knd of publishing. Click on images to enlarge them and if you want to see more leave your comments or visit my website for the mother-site with galleries including those Buses & Girls: PICTUREWORLD

Sunday 10 August 2014

Degrees of Nostalgia Blackpool NNH190Y

 Another favourite oldie, but even though I've posted it before it's an improved scan and besides I've written a new caption no doubt.

It must be true of those who swoon all over the preserved buses so I can't be the only one who revisits old haunts hoping to see friendly ghosts from the past. I probably felt very slightly depressed at the time but looking back to this Sunday in the Eighties it was full of rich pickings. All these old Duple bodied Leylands show their links back to pre-NBC days as does Colosseum Bus Station which was very much one of Ribble's great icons. But it was a lovely day and even though the United Counties Tiger nearest proclaimed itself  "I am Luton & District" I had great fun imagining the past as equipped with a new hand held recorder I caught to starting up revving of engines, groaning of brakes as these vehicles were shunted around. Then once I was tired of that there was Godfrey Abbott and even the trams which had hardly changed one jot and if one explored even further through the crowds they might just find the sea.

No comments: