BUSWORLD PHOTOGRAPHY

I AM CHRISTOPHER LEACH THE ARTIST. I started this blog so that I can share with everyone my vast collection of transport photographs showing a personal and nostalgic view of the industry with images that span some 45 years taking in the U.K and some of Europe. I have no darkroom and so rather than being the perfectionist after tidying them up I upload the images warts and all, and even those that won't scan squarely or are scratched. In a way it adds age and character. You are all free to download these for your personal use but please remember I still own them and you are not just free to use them without prior permission for any knd of publishing. Click on images to enlarge them and if you want to see more leave your comments or visit my website for the mother-site with galleries including those Buses & Girls: PICTUREWORLD

Friday 24 April 2015

TWM 2989: Remembering Wolverhampton Buses

As well as creating a bit of variety it is always of interest to see newer buses in liveries from the past. Unfortunately most of them don't quite hit the mark as the donor vehicles are not suitable or my guess is they often get some graphic artist to dress them up in basically the same colours. But Travel West Midlands did a number of buses in the various Corporation colours and they were so realistic they could almost pass for the real thing. I suspect the job was carried out in the Works by craftsmen who remembered exactly how they were. Wolverhampton's MCW Metrobus 2989 looked just right covered in rain.

2 comments:

Ross said...

I remember a colleague from Wolverhampton commenting after seeing that bus "It just looks wrong. No real Wolverhampton bus would have been the same green all over!"

Apparently Wolverhampton Corporation had a reputation for never having exactly the same shade of green in stock from one year to the next, so patch repairs were always guaranteed to be a different shade of green!

christopher said...

You might be right, but maybe this bus had so many green patches they had all become one. Paint matching was always a problem for the industry which was one reason why silver and other metallic shades went out of fashion.