BUSWORLD PHOTOGRAPHY

I AM CHRISTOPHER LEACH THE ARTIST. I started this blog so that I can share with everyone my vast collection of transport photographs showing a personal and nostalgic view of the industry with images that span some 45 years taking in the U.K and some of Europe. I have no darkroom and so rather than being the perfectionist after tidying them up I upload the images warts and all, and even those that won't scan squarely or are scratched. In a way it adds age and character. You are all free to download these for your personal use but please remember I still own them and you are not just free to use them without prior permission for any knd of publishing. Click on images to enlarge them and if you want to see more leave your comments or visit my website for the mother-site with galleries including those Buses & Girls: PICTUREWORLD

Sunday 26 July 2015

409 DCD: Have a Nice Day

An American politeness perhaps but when it comes to bus rallies the weather can make all the difference. If it turns out wet there is always enough to do in Blackpool of places like Manchester but if it's just a field somewhere all you can do is sit on the bus and wait to go home. I've been to Alton three times and each time it has been lovely apart from the time I got stung by a wasp. But how nice it is to chill out on the grass and watch the Queen Mary's slowly sail by. After London there it must have more preserved buses than any other operator including of course these open-toppers which often survive long enough to become preservation candidates by virtue of their being useful 'fun buses' for champagne leisure and good old sightseeing sightseeing. People have mixed feelings about this the companies standard class of Northern Counties bodied PD3's but to me they seem to sum up that Southdown magic that made it stand out.

2 comments:

Anon said...

I have managed to miss Alton for a few years, due to a variety of circumstances so I am very pleased to see your posts from this year's event. Hopefully you have some more that you will be able to post.

christopher said...

Anon sorry you missed it as it was a lovely day with plenty of stalls rides and of course vehicles and don't worry I have quite a few more which I will slowly add.