BUSWORLD PHOTOGRAPHY

I AM CHRISTOPHER LEACH THE ARTIST. I started this blog so that I can share with everyone my vast collection of transport photographs showing a personal and nostalgic view of the industry with images that span some 45 years taking in the U.K and some of Europe. I have no darkroom and so rather than being the perfectionist after tidying them up I upload the images warts and all, and even those that won't scan squarely or are scratched. In a way it adds age and character. You are all free to download these for your personal use but please remember I still own them and you are not just free to use them without prior permission for any knd of publishing. Click on images to enlarge them and if you want to see more leave your comments or visit my website for the mother-site with galleries including those Buses & Girls: PICTUREWORLD

Wednesday 8 July 2015

Dumfries: London's Unwanted Fleetlines KUC986P

I'm sure London Buses never got over the fact that it turned down it's own FRM rear engined Routemaster for having not got on with it's fifty Atlanteans after amassing a huge fleet of 2646 DMS Daimler Fleetlines quickly decided they were not suitable for London either. But every cloud has a silver lining and operators right across the kingdom for the very small to the largest PTE's snapped up these bargain buses like Western Scottish whose former DMS 1986 DR 988 was seen in Dumfries.

No comments: