BUSWORLD PHOTOGRAPHY

I AM CHRISTOPHER LEACH THE ARTIST. I started this blog so that I can share with everyone my vast collection of transport photographs showing a personal and nostalgic view of the industry with images that span some 45 years taking in the U.K and some of Europe. I have no darkroom and so rather than being the perfectionist after tidying them up I upload the images warts and all, and even those that won't scan squarely or are scratched. In a way it adds age and character. You are all free to download these for your personal use but please remember I still own them and you are not just free to use them without prior permission for any knd of publishing. Click on images to enlarge them and if you want to see more leave your comments or visit my website for the mother-site with galleries including those Buses & Girls: PICTUREWORLD

Thursday 5 May 2016

Happy Days for Ron Jackson

As long as I can remember I have rarely seen any former Maidstone and District buses operating into Stafford. In BET days they operated about 800 buses but by contrast the town of Maidstone itself with just fifty was much better represented for as well as Stevenson's snapping up a bunch of Massey bodied Atlanteans when no doubt a new general manager decided to go for lightweights these lasted even fewer years and a couple also ended up working into Stafford for Happy Days. Of course the Massey bodied Atlanteans were almost unique to Maidstone and Colchester with one with A1 in Scotland, but even though this type of Wadham Springer body was quite common on military and police buses etc they were not usually found that much on proper PSV's. TKM 111M looked smart and Ron Jackson who is often at the wheel of preserved PMT TVT 128G was driving it. As well as working here, he did PMT Midland Red and Arriva.

No comments: