BUSWORLD PHOTOGRAPHY

I AM CHRISTOPHER LEACH THE ARTIST. I started this blog so that I can share with everyone my vast collection of transport photographs showing a personal and nostalgic view of the industry with images that span some 45 years taking in the U.K and some of Europe. I have no darkroom and so rather than being the perfectionist after tidying them up I upload the images warts and all, and even those that won't scan squarely or are scratched. In a way it adds age and character. You are all free to download these for your personal use but please remember I still own them and you are not just free to use them without prior permission for any knd of publishing. Click on images to enlarge them and if you want to see more leave your comments or visit my website for the mother-site with galleries including those Buses & Girls: PICTUREWORLD

Thursday 28 July 2016

First Manchester: Soup then the Rain

I wasn't keen on all the First pre-Barbi liveries especially this horrid orange and purple which along with his golf clubs one of the managers brought down with them from Strathclyde. But it might have been a good idea to hop on one of these First Manchester NC bodied Leyland Olympians for a trip to Leigh as it looks as if those black rain clouds were hurrying over Bolton on their way to drop their load on Manchester, anyway that's what popular myth had us believe. I expect all that soot and dirt in the air during the Industrial Revolution helped seed the showers on the low ground as they approached the Pennines as it doesn't seem so true today. But even in the Seventies on the Yorkshire side they didn't exactly get away with it either as I remember days when the fog hardly lifted all day in the West Riding and  Calderdale area.

No comments: