BUSWORLD PHOTOGRAPHY

I AM CHRISTOPHER LEACH THE ARTIST. I started this blog so that I can share with everyone my vast collection of transport photographs showing a personal and nostalgic view of the industry with images that span some 45 years taking in the U.K and some of Europe. I have no darkroom and so rather than being the perfectionist after tidying them up I upload the images warts and all, and even those that won't scan squarely or are scratched. In a way it adds age and character. You are all free to download these for your personal use but please remember I still own them and you are not just free to use them without prior permission for any knd of publishing. Click on images to enlarge them and if you want to see more leave your comments or visit my website for the mother-site with galleries including those Buses & Girls: PICTUREWORLD

Friday 14 July 2017

Volvo Town Bus in Wadenswil on Zurich's Lake

The small town of Wadenswil situated on the side of the Lake on a speedy train route into Zurich makes it ideal commuter country and being pleasant but unremarkable most tourists just whiz through here on a non-stop express towards Chur and more exotic parts beyond like Davos and St Moritz. It used to have a nice little bus fleet of FBW' town buses but like everywhere else in the 90's they were being replaced by more mundane proper European buses like this Volvo. I am a bit of a Swiss Post Bus nut, anyway I was in PTT days especially towards the end when I used to travelmore. As luck would have it there is a typically small small garage here too but it's a good bus ride away for it is high up in the hills but call them mountains if you wish at Hutten, but the fleet of about eight comprised mostly R&J bodied Mercedes 0405's.

No comments: