BUSWORLD PHOTOGRAPHY

I AM CHRISTOPHER LEACH THE ARTIST. I started this blog so that I can share with everyone my vast collection of transport photographs showing a personal and nostalgic view of the industry with images that span some 45 years taking in the U.K and some of Europe. I have no darkroom and so rather than being the perfectionist after tidying them up I upload the images warts and all, and even those that won't scan squarely or are scratched. In a way it adds age and character. You are all free to download these for your personal use but please remember I still own them and you are not just free to use them without prior permission for any knd of publishing. Click on images to enlarge them and if you want to see more leave your comments or visit my website for the mother-site with galleries including those Buses & Girls: PICTUREWORLD

Tuesday 12 September 2017

Bound for Putney Bridge Station, London Buses DMS 130 at Victoria

With so many views and vehicles to choose from photographing buses in a city like London should be doddle but it isn't. just sheer fatique is one factor but then there is the light source to worry about as well as deep shadow, traffic and people getting in the way. I tended to just take them anyway and especially with black and white one can do a lot to enhance a photo in the darkroom or I do now Photoshop on the computer.  This one is Daimler Fleetline CRG6 DMS 130 with a Park Royal body and is in all-over-red livery which thankfully didn't spread to the Routemaster fleet.

No comments: